REWE Group, with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany, is one of the largest food retailers in Europe, with 15,000 stores and 345,000 employees, as well as a strong non-food business base. It serves customers through different channels, such as discount stores, supermarkets, and DIY stores, in 23 different countries in Europe. REWE Group generated an annual turnover of over 85 billion Euros in 2022.
REWE Far East Limited is the sourcing organization for REWE Group in Asia, with offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, and Istanbul. REWE Far East strengthens REWE Group’s strategic procurement activities in Asia by sourcing food and non-food products primarily for the German retail brands of REWE Group, which include REWE full-range stores, PENNY discount stores, and toom Baumarkt DIY stores. It also provides services to brands such as PENNY International, BILLA Austria, BILLA CEE, and others within the REWE Group outside Germany.
We are currently seeking talented professionals to join our Hong Kong office for the below exciting role :
Project Manager, Corporate Responsibility
- EU buying office, Mobile Working, Flex Working Hr
- 13thM Bonus, Discretionary Bonus, 25d Annual Leave
- Manage sustainability projects in collaboration with the Merchandising, Buying, and Sustainability Department, along with service providers and business partners
- Report to the Division Manager, Corporate Responsibility, and contribute to the development and implementation of the Group’s Corporate Responsibility Strategy
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives for Corporate Responsibility processes, fostering a culture of enhancement and innovation
- Collect and analyze CR-related data for accurate reporting, ensuring transparency and accountability
- Foster effective communication with internal stakeholders, suppliers, and business partners to align with the Company’s CR requirements and targets
- Provide comprehensive training programs to internal and external stakeholders, equipping them with knowledge and skills for sustainable practices
- Conduct thorough research and feasibility studies on corporate responsibility topics, providing valuable insights for strategic decision-making
- Degree holder in Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Compliance, Business Administration or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a project management role, with expertise in social and environmental compliance topics across China and/or Southeast Asia, is preferred
- Solid understanding of social compliance standards (such as BSCI, SA8000, ICTI) and/or environmental compliance standards (such as BEPI, ISO 14001, Detox, Higg Index), circular economy and climate change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of the team in a cross-cultural environment
- Solution-oriented and customer-centric mindset, always striving for customer success and excellent service
- Attention to detail, solid project management and people management skills
- Mature personality with a high level of independence and integrity
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese, with German being an advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Flexible with business trips
As a team member, you will enjoy:
- A diverse and inclusive work environment
- Exposure to international trade
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation package
- A 5-day work week with the option of working remotely for 2 days
- 25 days of paid annual holiday
- Medical insurance coverage
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity, do share your resume with the available date, present and expected salary to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
Resume and personal data collected will be kept strictly confidential and used for recruitment purposes only.