The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 57.8 billion Euro.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
The Laboratory Administrator in Laboratory is responsible for the administration and operation of the RFE Hong Kong laboratory. He or she will perform product testing, compiles test reports and evaluates quality and performance of products.
- Ensure the operation of the laboratory in accordance with the rules and guidelines of the laboratory.
- Ensure for laboratory safety in compliance with all occupational safety regulations.
- Manage and administer all testing within the laboratory on time.
- Organize and follow up on calibration and verification of equipment.
- Organize comparison tests with partner laboratories.
- Organize new test equipment and consumables for the laboratory.
- Analyze and optimize operational costs and processes of the laboratory.
- Support laboratory engineers in their daily work.
- Support and work closely with the quality and merchandise teams for all kind of technical related questions.
- Report to the Quality General Manager of RFE.
- At least 3 years previous experience in either a European accredited testing lab or associated QA role in European buying office.
- High quality awareness.
- Well-structured and organized way of work.
- Profound experience in running a laboratory.
- Profound experience in testing of textiles, apparels and hardline goods is a plus.
- Profound experience in Fit for Use testing is a plus.
- High social competence in collaborating with superiors, colleagues, external service providers and manufacturer.
- Able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Good communication skills and good command in English.
- Able to work independently, self-driven.
- Hands-on PC skills in MS office.
- Immediate available is preferable.
The right candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration package including 5-day work week as well as medical insurance.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.