The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 60 billion Euro.
For our Department of Logistics and Supply Chain Management in our Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is offering an full-time internship.
- During the 3-6 months internship you will get an overview of the Supply Chain from the supplier’s production site to the warehouses of REWE Group in Europe with a focus on the pre-shipment process
- You will provide support to the Logistics team and learn to follow up on logistics processes with suppliers/factories/forwarder to ensure an on-time delivery of orders
- The check of the measurement data of packages and the calculation of the optimal container loading plan by using our internal IT tool will be a part of the program as well
- You will acquire knowledge to verify shipping docs and to update shipping data in our internal ERP system and
- Learn the use of an internal KPI and reporting system to control the performance of all parties involved in the Supply Chain
- Support the Senior Supply Chain Manager in projects work
- Student at a university, preferably in Supply Chain or Logistics Management
- Interested in working in the Logistics field
- Energetic, self-motivated, detail-oriented and willing to learn
- Basic MS Office skills (Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook)
- Good command of both spoken & written English
- Student can take full time role during summer vacation and pick 12 to 16 hours per week after return study
- Immediate available is preferable
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.