The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne. Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with 360,000 employee and a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 23 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 62.7 billion Euro in 2019.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
- Collaborate with buyers, customers, and vendors
- Fulfill customer’s expectation and procurement requirements
- Collaborate with buyers, customers, and vendors to negotiate prices, quantities, product design/feature, sample approval, and timelines.
- Liaise with internal parties (quality /logistic/CR) to ensure the customer’s expectation and procurement requirements can be fulfilled.
- Be a key party to ensure the fulfilment of turnover/budget targets.
- Perform vendor management. Identify the risk of failure proactively to management.
- Assist division manager to execute continuous improvement on order management process and the cost elements.
- Identify potential vendors per buyer/customer and management’s requirements.
- Conduct market research for alternative products, new trends items, and promotional items to maintain sales turnover as well as to support continuous business development.
- Coach and provide guidance to junior/new teammates. Support with internal parties and customer to ensure the achievement of sales turnover and on-time delivery.
- Handle claim resolution and settlement.
- Bachelor degree or Tertiary education in Supply Chain Management/International Business/Business Administration/ European Studies, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience, and with track record on vendor management and sourcing.
- Good knowledge of European trends for Lighting products, and electrical quality requirements and standards.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must.
- Energetic, self-motivated with strong problem-solving skill. Able to work independently and be a team player in the cross-cultural environment.
- Good PC knowledge (Microsoft office suite)
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- Immediately available is preferable.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.