The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany, is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through various channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 different countries, REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 60 billion Euros. (2018)
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
Senior Merchandiser (Toys, Party and Pet Products)
- Assist supervisors in proactive and strategic sourcing activities
- Responsible for identifying potential suppliers by pre-screening their production capacity and meet business expectations for tactical sourcing.
- Conduct market research for alternative products, new trends.
- Attend exhibition, fairs, visits suppliers >.
- Can executed pricing, sampling, styling details, forms and meet deadlines.
- Provide HQ counterparts with relevant information on assigned product categories.
- Review processes and costing elements; ensure suppliers meet program planning and product quality.
- Ensure production and other development issues identified by the team are resolved timely.
- Able to guide the team in finding the best solutions and alternative plans as needed.
- Develop and maintains vendor relationships.
- Assist supervisors for the preparation of presentations, briefing and other reports.
- Support organization of the buying/sourcing trips and joins them.
- University graduated in Business Administration/Supply Chain Management or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years of experience in related merchandising, sourcing field with good level of network.
- Knowledge in business development and international trade processes.
- Experience in Trading or Buying Office and work for German or European retailer is an advantage.
- Able to lead a small size team with moderate team management skills.
- Good communication, planning and negotiation skills.
- Capable on problem solving and good Interpersonal skills.
- Skilful in strategizing and risk management.
- Strong analytical skills understanding of figures, calculations, business plans and reports.
- Ability to work with different cultures and a good team player.
- High flexibility for extended local and international travels, working hours and mobility.
- Can work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Chinese and Mandarin.
- Proficient in MS Office Skills.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.