REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through various channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 European countries, REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 60 billion Euros.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
Senior Merchandiser – Consumable Goods
- Ensure the daily operations, including pricing, sampling approval, etc, can be run per buyers’ expectations.
- Ensure the communication on buyers’ requirements, product specifications, quality requirements, and procurement arrangement can be well communicated with the responsible parties respectively.
- Assist division manager to execute continuous improvement on order management process and the cost elements.
- Be a key party to perform vendor relationship management and ensure continued partnership and compliance with Company’s requirements.
- Handle claim resolution and settlement.
- Conduct market research for alternative products, new trends and sectoral development for promotional and continuous business development.
- Identify potential vendors.
- Be a coach for junior and new joiners, and work with division manager on career development in the team.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management/International Business/Business Administration/European Studies, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in supervisory level, and with track record on vendor management and sourcing. Candidate with less relevant experience will be considered as Merchandiser.
- Good knowledge of European safety standards and European directives for the hard goods, and /or storage items.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must.
- Self-motivated, strong problem solving skill, and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Good PC knowledge (Microsoft office suite).
- Flexible to have business travels.
- Knowledge in EU chemical requirements is an advantage. .
If you are interested in the position, please submit your full resume with current and expected salary and available date via the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.