The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne. Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with 360,000 employee and a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 23 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 62.7 billion Euro in 2019.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
Senior Corporate Responsibility Officer
- Sustainability, Project management
- EU Buying office, Flexi hour, Mobile office
- 13thM bonus, Discretionary bonus
- Support the daily operations in the CR team and ensure that social and environmental compliance programs are implemented effectively.
- Drive the social and environmental compliance audits & consulting and prepare related report and analysis.
- Responsible for the implementation of the company’s corporate responsibility policy and the related compliance processes.
- Support and lead defined CR and sustainability program deployment. Monitor the progress and ensure KPIs are achieved and suggest improvements proactively.
- Ensure the effective communication with internal stakeholders and external parties on REWE Group’s CR requirements and goals.
- Provide appropriate training to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the CR Manager to execute continuous improvement projects in RFE to enhance the standard of social and environmental compliance.
- Keep track on developments in relation to working regulations/changes in laws in our sourcing countries.
- Conduct continuous research on existing and new sustainability topics independently and define and elaborate improvements at RFE where required.
- Be a coach and mentor for junior CR teammates. Support people development and succession planning.
- University degree in Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Compliance, Business Administration, or related disciplines.
- Min. 5 years of experience in social or environmental compliance role that geographically covers China and/or south-east Asia.
- Experience with social compliance standards such as BSCI, SA8000, ICTI, ETI, etc.
- Experience with environmental compliance standards such as BEPI, ISO 14001, Detox, Higg Index, STeP, etc.
- Experience with leading and coordinating projects in collaboration with external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player in the cross-cultural working environment.
- Self-motivated, detailed minded, and with good problem-solving skills.
- Independent, pro-active working style is a must.
- Good knowhow on BSCI & BEPI requirements and the regional labour legislation.
- Good knowledge on MS office, especially MS Excel (pivot tables).
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.