The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne. Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with 360,000 employee and a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 23 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 62.7 billion Euro in 2019.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
- Develop and improve investment goods
- Guide the suppliers on product development, improvement, and/or re-design
- Quality assessments
- Support to buying department and merchandiser in development and improvement of investment goods such as supermarket showcases, warehouse shelves, pallet trucks/forklift, etc.
- Provide guidance to the suppliers on product development, improvement, and/or re-design.
- Perform quality assessments and prepare reports.
- Review and validate laboratory test reports and inspection reports.
- Evaluate the defects of samples against company’s quality requirements.
- Communicate with external service providers.
- Support the team to evaluate the product quality risk and product compliance to European safety and reliability standards.
- Perform risk assessments based on European machinery directive.
- Higher Diploma or above in Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering or related disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in development of mechanical goods and vendor management is a MUST.
- Good knowledge of European safety standards and European directives for the storage and mechanical items.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Self-motivated, attentive to details, and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Good PC knowledge (Microsoft office suite)
- Hands-on skills in design software such as AutoCAD, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Flexible to have business travels.
- Knowledge in EU chemical requirements is an advantage.
- Experience in quality factory audits or production supervision is an advantage.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.