The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 European countries, Rewe Group generates an annual turnover over 60 billion Euros (2018).
The Hong Kong based REWE Far East Ltd. is looking for :
Product Developer / Quality – Investment goods
- Support to buying department and merchandiser in development and improvement of investment goods such as products for storage and transportation of goods in warehouses and shops and other items.
- See through the development and production process together with manufacturer on the mentioned goods.
- Perform quality assessments on products in-house and at the manufacturer including report writing.
- Perform product evaluation on-site and in office
- Perform risk assessments based on European machinery directive.
- Review and validate laboratory test reports and inspection reports.
- Communicate with all involved parties.
- Accompany buyers and merchandiser on buying trips in Asia
- Work closely with the quality team to ensure compliance to European safety requirements for hard goods and their consistent product quality.
- Higher Diploma or above in appropriate technical discipline.
- At least 2 years’ experience in development of mechanical goods.
- Good knowledge of European safety standards and European directives for the above mentioned product group.
- Experience in quality factory audits or production supervision will be an advantage.
- High social competence in collaborating with superiors, colleagues, external service providers and manufacturer.
- Able to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Good communication skills and good command in English and Mandarin.
- Hands-on PC skills in MS office.
- Able to work independently, self-driven.
- Flexible for extended travels and working hours.
- Immediate available is preferable.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.