The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 12 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 54 billion Euro.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
- Facilitate Sustainable packaging through recognized system, e.g. FSC and EU directive etc., review and archive the related documents as structural database.
- Provide printing guidelines, specifications, related training, and daily helpdesk service to external and internal parties.
- Maintain a packaging material database in accurate, traceable, structural and timely manner.
- Analyze the packaging material composition and propose the area of optimization in terms of cost, size, material weight and sustainability etc. in reliable and timely manner.
- Analyze packaging data and prepare reports as packaging team requested.
- Coordinate suppliers to execute company packaging program, manage the update and transition, and generate the comprehensive report with impact and suggested solution for management update.
- Coordinate suppliers to realize packaging solution based on company policy update and implementation
- Looking for state of art packaging solution, discover the need of company and initiate them.
- Support and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Tertiary education preferred, min. vocational training level, packaging education is and advantage.
- At least 1 year of relevant working experience preferable in buying office or / and printing and packaging field gained in sizable organization or MNC or trading business.
- Familiar with of packaging material, structure and printing.
- Sound Packaging sustainability and knowledge to implement the recognized systems which is not limited by FSC, e.g. carbon emission, packaging weight saving and other EU and countries regulation.
- Effective communication skill throughout external and internal parties and work as team player in cross culture organizations.
- Able to provide analysis based on big data and presentation skill.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese & Putonghua)
- Good command of MS office.
- Strong passion / interest for packaging career development would also be definite considered.
- A self-starter with sense of business and urgency.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.