The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 12 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 54 billion Euro.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
- Toys, Stationery, Sports, Car & Bike accessories, Pets, Party and Carnival.
- Oversee an assigned team to perform the procurement requests from the internal buyers and external customers.
- Work with related stakeholders to ensure internal and external compliance.
- Support Division Manager to execute people development and people management plan.
- Proactively exposure alternative and special sales bundle/packages to maintain sales turnover as well as to support continuous business development.
- Be a key party to perform vendor management, ensure sustainable partnership with key vendors. Identify the risk of failure and alternatives proactively to management.
- Oversee the daily operations of assigned team. Be a coach for the team, perform people management development, and define an appropriated staffing plan.
- Support Division Manager to define continuous improvements opportunities, execute the improvement and corrective plans properly.
- Conduct health check/trial audit for potential vendors. Recommend appropriated vendors to the management.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management/Business Administration/European Studies, or related disciplines.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in supervisory level, and with track record on vendor management and sourcing. Good sourcing network is a must.
- Good knowledge of European safety standards and European directives for related product categories.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must.
- Self-motivated, strong problem solving skill, and able to work in cross-cultural environment.
Good PC knowledge (Microsoft office suite).
- Flexible to have business travels.
- Solid experience and knowledge on different European retailers’ systems is a definitely advantage.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.