The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 57.8 billion Euro.
The Hong Kong based REWE Far East Ltd. is looking for:
Junior Merchandiser – Investment goods :
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS :
- Entry-level role focusing on Order management. Assists Merchandising team and performs all follow – up functions related to sourcing, order placement, shipment and post shipment process for designated categories.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Owns personal development through continuous learning and proactively seeks new assignments that build knowledge and improve skills.
Business Development and Sourcing
- Guides suppliers for timely execution of samples and necessary vendor profile, business detail forms.
- Follow ups on the quotation sheets/articles pass forms to be accurately filled and timely submitted.
- Support Merchandising team in follow up purchase orders with suppliers/factories to ensure on time delivery.
- Coordinates and ensures necessary information, samples and packaging materials are timely and appropriately sent by supplier.
- Utilizes necessary company tools and systems to support the order placement, shipment and post shipment functions.
- Assists Merchandiser and Senior Merchandiser with the follow up of new vendor set ups potential forms and certification gathering during the on-boarding process.
- Ensures submission, maintenance and documentation of all the files in the related folders.
- Communicates effectively and keeps all relevant parties abreast of potential issues/delays.
- Other clerical duties.
- Provide support to the team in the sourcing process from supplier engagement through to supplier setup / terms & conditions etc.
- Maintain accurate shipping, invoice related documents.
- Support Merchandiser / Merchandise Manager on implementing all aspects of the department strategy to deliver shipment and budget target.
- Ensures compliance of all Rewe standards.
- Contributes to create a motivated, collaborative and friendly work environment.
- Behaves everyday with integrity and trust.
- Promotes Rewe Far East’s Vision, Mission and Values.
REPORTING / WORKING RELATIONSHIPS :
- Reports to Senior Merchandiser or Merchandise Manager.
- Works with merchandising teams, cross functional teams and Rewe Central counterparts; all related suppliers / factories and their supply chains.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- University graduated / College degree or equivalent, with a focus on retail, global sourcing, international business or supply chain management is desirable.
- Previous working experience in related field.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Responsible, reliable, high integrity personality.
- Client focused, service driven and result oriented.
- Committed to continuous learning.
- Team Player.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced level of both spoken and written English and Chinese
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Knowledge of Mandarin language is an asset
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your current and expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com .
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.