The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne. Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with 360,000 employee and a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 23 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 62.7 billion Euro in 2019.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
Corporate Responsibility Manager
- Lead the CR Team to perform corporate responsibility compliance in the region.
- Ensure the CR scope can align with Germany HQ CR Team directions.
- Provide guidelines and supports to stakeholders in social responsibility compliance aspect.
- Oversee and lead the team to achieve CR targets.
- Ensure REWE Group’s corporate responsibility strategies can be implemented properly in the region.
- Develop AP corporate responsibility processes and ensure proper implementation to reach operational excellence.
- Manage and improve the AP operational structure and strategy in order to fulfill sustainability targets and ensure the achievements of defined KPIs.
- Drive the team with industry’s best practices. Define continuous process improvements, opportunities and lead the improvement and corrective action plans.
- Initiate and drive sustainability topics and lead intercultural projects as per requirements from the Group/HQ and from management team & stakeholders in country level.
- Handle implementation of defined sustainability topics in cooperation with the merchandising, sustainability departments in HQ and respective service providers and suppliers.
- Drive people strategy and perform people management. Implement effective staff plan to maximize performance of the team.
- Build the effective communication channel for knowledge and information exchange regarding sustainability topics with the stakeholders (such as Group CR Team, local CR team, merchandising, Quality, service providers, etc.). Involve appropriated stakeholders to ensure the CR goals can be achieved properly.
- Lead and perform ad-hoc projects and/or continuously improvement projects per assigned.
- University degree with business / sustainability, or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years of managerial experience in sustainability of procurement and supply chain process. Solid supervisory experience is a must.
- Problem solving mindset with attention to detail.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must. Knowledge in German is an advantage.
- Flexible to have business travels.
- Good PC knowledge (Microsoft office suite).
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.