REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through various channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 European countries, REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 60 billion Euros.
The Hong Kong based REWE Far East Ltd. is looking for:
Quality Technologist (Electrical)
- Support buying department and merchandiser in the improvement of electrical appliances and hard-line goods.
- Perform in-house quality assessments on electrical appliances and hard-line goods including report writing.
- Perform FFU and life cycle tests and evaluate the results.
- Review and validate 3rd party test reports and inspection results.
- Evaluate the defects of incoming samples against company’s quality requirements.
- Participate in the decision-making process for product quality approval.
- Support the merchandise team and supplier for all kind of technical related questions.
- Work closely with peer groups to ensure compliance to European safety requirements for electrical appliances and their consistent product quality,
- At least 2 years previous experience in a European accredited testing laboratory.
- Profound technical experience at least in one of the following product categories : electrical household appliances, electrical installation components, lighting products.
- Good knowledge of European safety standards and European directives for the above mentioned product groups.
- Knowledge in EU chemical requirements like Reach and ROHS will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in energy efficiency and EMC will be an advantage.
- Experience in quality factory audits or production supervision will be an advantage.
- High social competence in collaborating with superiors, colleagues and external service providers and manufacturer.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin).
- Good interpersonal skill and able to collaborate with peers groups and external service providers and manufacturer.
- Able to be a team player and work in cross-cultural environment, and self-motivated.
- Good PC knowledge (Microsoft office suite).
- Flexible for business travels and working hours.
- Higher Diploma or above in any related technical discipline.
- Immediate available is preferable.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 16th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com .
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.