The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne. Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with 360,000 employee and a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets, and DIY stores in 20 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group generates an annual turnover over 76.5 billion Euro in 2021.
The Hong Kong based REWE Sourcing office, REWE FAR EAST is looking for:
Assistant Corporate Responsibility Officer
- Social & Environmental Compliance, CR/SC
- EU buying office, Mobile Working, Flex Working Hr
- 13thM Bonus, Discretionary Bonus, 25d Annual Leave
- Support the daily operations in CR team to ensure that social and environmental compliance programs are implemented.
- Arrange and follow-up on BSCI or other social compliance audits and ensure the related records are maintained and updated.
- Arrange and follow-up on environmental compliance audits & consulting, and ensure the related records are maintained and updated.
- Support the implementation of company’s corporate responsibility policy and the related compliance processes.
- Support the execution of defined sustainability projects in cooperation with the Merchandising, Buying and Sustainability departments in Germany and respective service providers/business partners.
- Ensure the effective communication with internal stakeholders (such as merchandising team, quality, supply chain, packaging, etc.) on REWE Group’s CR requirements and goals.
- Support the team to execute continuous improvement projects in RFE to enhance the standard of social and environmental compliance and achieve the CR’s goals.
- University degree in Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Compliance, Business Administration, or related disciplines.
- Min. 1 year of working experience. Experience in social and/or environmental compliance will be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, be a team player in a cross-cultural working environment.
- Self-motivated, detailed minded, and with good problem-solving skills. Independent, pro-active working style is required.
- Knowhow on BSCI & BEPI requirements and China labour legislation. Knowledge on the labour legislation in any other south-east Asia countries is preferrable.
- Knowledge on social compliance standards such as BSCI, SA8000, ICTI, ETI, etc. is an advance.
- Knowledge on environmental compliance standards such as amfori BEPI, Detox, ISO 14001, Higg, STeP, etc. is an advance.
- Good knowledge on MS Office, especially MS Excel (including pivot tables).
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is a must.
- Flexible to have business travel when required.
- Fresh graduate will also be considered.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.