The REWE Group with its headquarters in Cologne, Germany is one of the largest food retailers in Europe with a strong non-food business base. Serving customers through different channels such as discount stores, supermarkets and DIY stores in 21 different countries in Europe, the REWE Group combines an annual turnover over 60 billion Euro.
The Hong Kong based REWE Far East Ltd. is looking for:
Merchandiser – Electrical Home Appliances
Roles & Responsibilities
- Is a key player and main driver in the sourcing and quotation process.
- Order processing; samples arrangement, coordinate AW creation process, manage Quality fulfilment and inspection process, arrange final shipment.
- Effective time-management of orders/projects to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Work closely with QA team on quality-related tasks.
- Plan, arrange and participate in buying trips with Buyers.
- Resolve claims, business-related issues and disputes with suppliers.
- Ensure implementation of mandatory company operational rules, regulations and strategy towards suppliers.
- Fulfilment of preset turnover/budget targets.
- Proactive sourcing and participation in business development.
- Upkeep and maintenance of order-related data in company order-processing system and server.
- Develop and maintain strong communication channels with suppliers and buyers.
- Reports to Division Manager and is responsible for daily supervision of any subordinates.
- Tertiary education preferable.
- 3 years working experience in buying office for European market – of German market would be advantageous.
- Familiar with European trends for Electrical products.
- Good knowledge of European Electrical Quality requirements and standards.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin).
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Open-minded, able to work in transparent manner and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Solution-oriented with high level of maturity and integrity.
- Proficiency in MS Office & other computer applications.
- Willing to travel.
Interested parties please apply with full resume together with your expected salary to the Manager, Human Resources, REWE Far East Ltd. 17th Floor Linkchart Centre, No. 2 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong or send an e-mail to Candidate@rewe-fareast.com.
All applications will be collected for recruitment purpose only and treated in strict confidentiality.